Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nashik Dhol

Firstly, let me clarify... NO!! I'm not talking about the music... This is a random experience of a time when I had to go to Nashik, reached half way, but then had to turn around and come back home again... Anyway
It was all planned... My father called me up one evening, and said, be prepared, gotta go to Nashik tomorrow for some work... its just me and u... The journey starts at 6...
So like a good boy, I went home early that day, ate dinner with family (felt nice) and then slept by 10:30 so that i could get up by 5, get ready and leave home by 6... Everything went according to plan, and we started our 4 hour journey to Nashik (4 hour one way). I got behind the wheels initially and v drove off... the weather was kind of chilly, not exactly cold, because that is not what the weather in Mumbai normally is, but the morning was pretty chilly... Anyway, it was a nice drive, very few vehicles, ammazing roads to drive on, and a father son friendly chat, discussing cars, roads and drivers 'etc'... We had reached half way pretty fast, in one and a half hours to be precise, so we decided to stop at a place called Mid-Way Park... I thought to myself, wow... We're midway and we're stopping at the midway park :P:P anyway... We sat down and ordered some snacks, tea and coffee for our hungry rats inside our stomach. Out of curiousity, I asked my father what work did he exactly have there, and how much time would it take him there?? Even before I could finish my question, dad looked at me, baffled!! His hands on his head... his eyes shun as if he had done something terribly wrong and he wished he hadn't had done it. He was silent for a few seconds... I asked him what happened?? Then he spoke, that the file that he was to carry, he didnt carry them, he forgot them on the dressing table, home... I asked him if the work could b done without that file. He said no. He said that without it, there was no use of going to Nashik all the way from Mumbai. We shared a light moment, both laughing on ourselves for getting up so early and reaching halfway without the file... I felt lucky that i asked him the question there, otherwise, if we reached Nashik and he realised that he forgot the file, then we would had been in deep shit... so anyway... With nothing to do, we ate our breakfast and drank our respective tea and coffee and left back... This time on the other side of the road, the road to home.. Dad got behind the wheels and it felt as if we had gone for some long vacation and were coming back home again :P:P So this was one of my trips to Nashik... 4 hours for us to reach midway and come home again... In the end, If someone asks, I can just say that we father-son jodi had ventured out for some midway snacks :P:P ;)

1 comment:

... said...

grrr. you didn't tell me all this!

father-son bonding.. :) :)

and...you went to sleep at 10.30? i thought u went to bed at 1 or something!

rats inside ur tummy huh..not mice? ;)